SVMPharma Limited takes the privacy of your data seriously. You can find more information about the personal data we collect below, how we use it, and how we protect it. We seek to comply with all relevant data protection legislation.
Who we are
SVMPharma Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights) as a data controller.
Our business address is:
Company number: 09053976
Registered office address: Taplins Court, Church Lane, Hartley Whitney, Hook RG27 8XU
Correspondence office address: Sentinel House, Ancells Business Park, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 2UZ
Registration Number in the Data Protection Register: ZA089999
What personal information do we collect?
When registering on our websites, applying for an e-newsletter subscription or service, completing online or paper forms, or calling us, you may be asked to provide your full name, email address, phone number, job title, company name or other details about your job role or company, what sort of content you would like to hear about or how you would like to be contacted. We ask for this information to improve your experience and deliver content that is relevant to you.
SVMPharma’ websites use a variety of technologies including cookies to understand how you use the websites. These include:
StatCounter, which builds up a standard internet log with information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We use this service to determine the number of visitors to our site, and its separate parts. This information does not identify anyone.
SVMPharma’s web servers automatically record information when you visit one of our websites. This includes your IP address, the date and time you visited our websites, the browser and language you use.
- Provide access to certain parts of our websites
- Keep track of selections you make when using some of our website tools
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits
- Keep track of advertisements and related performance
- Track users’ website activity*
*We may use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is different, look within your browser’s Help / Settings menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
What happens if I disable cookies?
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly and some account management features may not work.
Do Not Track browser settings
“Do Not Track” (DNT) is a feature offered by some browsers. When enabled it requests that your browsing is not tracked (such as by third-party ad networks, social networks and analytics companies). SVMPharma Ltd does not currently support DNT requests.
When do we collect information and why?
We collect information from you when you register on our websites, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or service, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our websites.
How do we use your information and when will we contact you?
- To analyse how our services are used
- To improve the services we offer
- To improve the user experience on our websites
- To provide you with tailored services based on the preferences you have stated
- To provide you with tailored services based on your usage patterns
- To provide you with e-newsletters that you have subscribed to
- To provide you with bespoke advertising based on your interests
- To process transactions in a timely manner
- To respond to any user enquiries (via live chat, email, telephone or post)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other website feature
- To send periodic service administration emails regarding your services and preferences. This means we may contact you using the details you provided for reasons related to the services you subscribed to or your activity on our website (e.g. to remind you of your password, to update you with information about our events you’re attending, competitions you’re entering, and the outcome of your participation, deliver tickets to you, to let you know of any changes to our services, if our site and services are expected to experience downtime for maintenance, to notify you of updates to our Privacy Statement, to inform you that your account has become dormant or out of date and to ask if you would like to continue using it again before we close it).
- To ask your views about our services.
- For our legitimate interests, which have been balanced against your own interests:
- Direct marketing – to inform you of new or similar services, upcoming events, industry news, identify business development opportunities and possibilities for new partnerships. We will process your data with the intention to contact you only if we think the communication, service is relevant to your interests. We’ll inform you upon registration that your data will be used in such manner and give you the option to opt-out either at the point of registration or with every subsequent communication.
- Suppression – to make sure that we do not contact you in the future if you have expressed your wish to unsubscribe.
- Personalisation – to personalise the content you see on our website, based on your interests and occupation, improving your experience.
- Web analytics – to assess the number of visitors to different pages and optimise them for future marketing campaigns. Keeping your customer details up-to-date – we might use external sources or service providers to verify the accuracy of the customer data you submit or ensure that your details are still correct after a certain period of inactivity.
- Miscellaneous processing connected to any of the above.
How do we protect your personal information?
SVMPharma is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and protect the information we collect.
Any financial transactions are processed through a secure gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we share information with anyone else?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer personal data to third parties outside of our group of companies, unless we have informed you of this and you have provided your consent, or disclosure is required or permitted by law (when government bodies and law enforcement agencies require us to).
Additionally, we might share your details with website hosting partners, service providers and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, where this is necessary to provide you with a service you have requested. Some of them might be based outside of the EU. We are transferring the data to them in a secure manner and we have agreements in place to protect your information.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
SVMPharma’ websites contain links to external websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content, activities or privacy of these linked sites and any data you share. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How long will we keep your information?
We will hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
If you have not updated your details in the last two years we might class it as dormant or delete it. We will email you to remind you before deletion. Please check your inbox regularly to see if we have sent you any emails about this.
You have the following rights regarding the processing of your personal information:
- The right to request access to, or copies of, your personal information
You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information free of charge, as well as find out for what purposes we process it. We will ask for proof of ID. The documents we accept are: passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months), current vehicle registration document, bank statement (from last 3 months), and rent book (from last 3 months). Please do not send over originals via post!
We will do our best to respond within one calendar month. If we need more time we will get in touch to let you know.
- The right to request an amendment to your personal information
You have the right to request us to update or amend any personal information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure or restriction of the processing of your personal information
You can request us to delete or remove your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. We can refuse your request if we have an overriding legitimate interest to continue the processing, if we need to comply with a legal obligation for the performance of a public interest task or exercise of official authority, archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research, historical research or statistical purposes, or the exercise or defence of legal claims.
- The right to withdraw consent
You can withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data for specific purposes. In this case, we are permitted to store your personal information but not further process it for the specified purpose. We might keep only a few details in order to ensure we respect your wishes in the future.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you got in touch with us and you’re not happy with the outcome you can forward your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights). You can find out more about how to complain here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
You can exercise all other rights at any time by contacting us by:
How to unsubscribe from direct marketing?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or follow the instructions at the bottom of any email you receive from us and we will promptly remove you from all specified correspondence.
Changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy
Data or Personal Data – means any information relating to an “identified or identifiable natural person” (‘data subject’); who can be identified, directly or indirectly by such information.
Process / Processing – any handling of personal information, by manual or automated means, including but not limited to: obtaining, recording, holding, organisation, adaptation, alteration, retrieval, consultation, disclosure, transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment, combination, blocking, erasure or destruction. Processor – any person (other than an employee of the data controller) who processes the data on behalf of the data controller.
Controller – means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other bodies which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
Data subject – an individual who is the subject of personal data
Third Party – any individual or organisation outside SVMPharma Limited.