Introduction of e-prescribing in cancer improved safety 10-fold
- Electronic prescribing records were introduced as they offer vastly improved communication between different healthcare professionals and patients, which was found to be the source of a high proportion of prescribing errors
- A study was carried out at St Bartholomew’s Hospital, London to assess whether or not the introduction of electronic prescribing led to improved patient safety
- A 10-fold reduction in errors was observed when comparing the results of this study to a previous audit of paper-based prescribing
- Not only do cancer electronic prescribing records reduce errors, but they also provide a rich source of data that can be used to develop personalised treatment pathways
- SVMPharma utilise electronic prescribing records in their unique methodologies for collecting and analysing data. Follow the links to learn more about our studies in NSCLC and Ovarian cancer.
SVMPharma is an innovative strategic consultancy, specialising in Real World Evidence (RWE) for the pharmaceutical industry. SVMPharma generates RWE within UK and Europe through bespoke online Real World Treatment Evaluators, leading to successful health technology appraisal (HTA) submissions. Clinical trial programmes do not reflect real-world clinical practice and outcomes, RWE supplements and enhances clinical datasets. SVMPharma’s specialist teams focus on delivering the outcomes that matter to your brand.