Introduction of e-prescribing in cancer improved safety 10-fold
18 July 2022
- Electronic prescribing records were introduced as they offer vastly improved communication between different healthcare professionals and patients, which was found to be the source of a high proportion of prescribing errors
- A study was carried out at St Bartholomew’s Hospital, London to assess whether or not the introduction of electronic prescribing led to improved patient safety
- A 10-fold reduction in errors was observed when comparing the results of this study to a previous audit of paper-based prescribing
- Not only do cancer electronic prescribing records reduce errors, but they also provide a rich source of data that can be used to develop personalised treatment pathways
- SVMPharma utilise electronic prescribing records in their unique methodologies for collecting and analysing data. Follow this link to learn more about our studies in NSCLC and Ovarian cancer.