Clinical outcomes of anti-obesity medications (AOMs) assessed in real-world practice
- The review showed a weight reduction in specific populations such as, patients who had regained weight or experienced inadequate weight loss after bariatric surgery, and specific patient subgroups such as T2DM
- Weight loss was often accompanied by positive changes in other cardiometabolic risk factors, when measured
- Although AOMs were well tolerated in real-world studies with mostly mild to moderate AEs, a general pattern of poor compliance was apparent with all treatments
- The review identified large gaps in the evidence base for AOMs in treating patients with obesity or overweight in real-world practice, including few comparative effectiveness studies and a narrow range of reported outcomes
- Strengthening the approach to RWE generation in obesity will help build a more accurate picture of the value of AOMs in routine clinical practice, especially as newer agents promising greater efficacy are on the horizon
Click here to learn more.
SVMPharma is an innovative strategic consultancy, specialising in Real-World Evidence (RWE) for the pharmaceutical industry. SVMPharma generates RWE within UK and Europe through bespoke online Real-World Treatment Evaluators, leading to successful health technology appraisal (HTA) submissions. Clinical trial programmes do not reflect real-world clinical practice and outcomes, RWE supplements and enhances clinical datasets. SVMPharma’s specialist teams focus on delivering the outcomes that matter to your brand.